Skip to content
Storybird is a digital storytelling webtool which allows users to create visual stories instantly. Users can use the artworks to inspire writing new stories.
StoryJumper makes digital storytelling an easy task with its super easy tools. It is easy to create storybooks with images and words.
Slidestory allows storytellers to combine images with voice narration. Each image or slide can be combined with voice and text captions.
Tikatok allows writers or children to write, illustrate and publish their own books. Tikatok encourages project-based learning in the classroom.
How can we create interesting lessons for storytelling?
- Make storycards – Use pictures.
- The Story Bag/ Puzzle Tale – Place pictures or objects.
- Use drawing – Let children draw.
- Acting out storybooks – with the help of props or puppets, facial expressions.
- Play doh storytelling – use playdoh to recreate characters in the story.
- Storyboxes – Making diorama.
- Storytelling board – Use pictures.
- Writing the stories based on pictures.
- Use realia – bring in real objects or get the pupils to bring it.
- Use thinking hats – De Bono hats
- Experiment different voices for different characters.
- Digital storytelling projects using StoryBird, StoryJumper, Windows Movie Maker.
- Story Circle – Get pupils to retell the story.
- A Story Treasure Hunt – Hide plot cards and get pupils to assemble the cards.
- Story Cubes – Dice with characters/ elements in the story.