Skip to content
How can we create interesting lessons for storytelling?
- Make storycards – Use pictures.
- The Story Bag/ Puzzle Tale – Place pictures or objects.
- Use drawing – Let children draw.
- Acting out storybooks – with the help of props or puppets, facial expressions.
- Play doh storytelling – use playdoh to recreate characters in the story.
- Storyboxes – Making diorama.
- Storytelling board – Use pictures.
- Writing the stories based on pictures.
- Use realia – bring in real objects or get the pupils to bring it.
- Use thinking hats – De Bono hats
- Experiment different voices for different characters.
- Digital storytelling projects using StoryBird, StoryJumper, Windows Movie Maker.
- Story Circle – Get pupils to retell the story.
- A Story Treasure Hunt – Hide plot cards and get pupils to assemble the cards.
- Story Cubes – Dice with characters/ elements in the story.